In the present situation, it's not always safe or convenient to learn a new skill. Thanks to today's technology, I now offer classes by way of Zoom to the comfort of your home, one-on-one or to a classroom of students. Please contact me to arrange a time.
The methods and concepts presented in this class are the foundations for all illusionary drawing and painting, and they are the conceptual fountain head for all representational art work. This is an introductory art class, as the course name implies, but I believe the material presented is significant and conceptually far reaching as the student would encounter this material again and again in any realism drawing or painting class, i.e. figure, landscape or still life Like all things in art just one exposure is not enough so review and repetition is the nature of the beast; the reason is the student is building a new language, their visual language and it doesn’t happen in just one six week class. My “Basic Drawing” class is designed to get the student up and running on a comprehensive and structured path to building their visual language as well the concepts and methods to support their artistic journey.
SOME OF THE TOPICS COVERED:
- Learning to understand your visual field and all that implies
- Translating your visual field to your picture plane
- Understanding your picture plane and it’s structure
- Rendering in light and shadow(using two light sources)
- Shape discovery and shape placement
- Mass and shape concepts
- Arial and linear perspective
- Understanding line and its’ expressive possibilities
THE STRUCTURE AND PRACTICES OF REPRESENTATIONAL DRAWING [INTERMEDIATE LEVEL]
This class is the next step up from my fundamental drawing class and contains a review of the core concepts of the fundamentals class as well as new concepts and exercises. A main paradigm of representational drawing is repetition of concepts and drawing, drawing, drawing. The concepts and methods of drawing must be internalized and really become a part of the students’ internal mental life thus awakening and accessing their visual intelligence developed through FOCUSED repetition.
FEES AND SCHEDULES FOR ZOOM DRAWING CLASSES INTRODUCTION AND INTERMEDIATE LEVELS
35.00 per hr. classes of 2 hours in length.
- 10am to noon [introduction]
- 2pm to 4pm [intermediate]
- 7pm to 9pm [introduction]
- 10am to noon [intermediate]
- 2pm to 4pm [introduction]
- 7pm to 9pm [intermediate]